The following information provides a simple overview of what happens to your personal data when you visit this website and use services or products. Personal data is any data that can be used to identify you personally.
I (“we”, “us”, “our”) take the privacy of users (“users” or “you”) of my website very seriously and am committed to protecting the information users provide to me in connection with their use of my website. Furthermore, I am committed to protecting and using your information in accordance with applicable law.
1. Who is responsible for data collection on this website?
The person responsible for data processing is the owner.
Subbelrather Str. 304
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Where is the website hosted?
This website is hosted externally. The hosting provider is manitu GmbH, Welvertstraße 2, 66606 St. Wendel, Germany. Personal data collected on this website is stored on the servers of manitu GmbH. This includes IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contract data, contact data, names and website accesses.
The hoster is used for the purpose of fulfilling the contract with my (potential) users (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO) and in the interest of a secure and fast provision of the online presence by the provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO). The hoster will process your data only to the extent necessary to fulfill its service obligations.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of manitu GmbH can be found here: https://www.manitu.de/datenschutz/.
How and which data is processed?
1. Server log data
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in the server log files that your browser automatically transmits to me. These are:
- browser type and browser version
- operating system used
- referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
A combination of this data with other types of data is not made. The collection of this data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. I have a legitimate interest in the technically error-free presentation and optimization of my website – for this purpose, the server log files must be collected.
2. SSL-, respectively TLS-Encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize this either by the existing s in “https://” or by the lock symbol in the browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
3. Inquiries by e-mail or phone
If you contact me by e-mail or phone, your request including the resulting personal data (name, request, e-mail address) will be stored and processed by me for the purpose of processing your request. The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO, if your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on my legitimate interest in the effective processing of requests sent to me, Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Your sent personal data will remain with me until you request me to delete it, revoke your consent to store it or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies, i.e. I have processed the request. Legal requirements (retention periods) remain unaffected.
4. Cooperation and purchase of services or products
Data that is transmitted due to a cooperation or the purchase of a service or product may consist of extended personal data, such as address, billing information or bank data. This data is stored and processed by me for the purpose of processing your request.
Your transmitted personal data will remain with me until you request deletion, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage ceases to apply, i.e. I have processed the request. Legal regulations (retention periods) remain unaffected.
I use Zoom for communication and collaboration with my (potential) clients. Zoom is a video teleconferencing software. The provider is Zoom Video Communications, Inc, 55 Almaden Boulevard, Suite 600, San Jose, CA 95113, USA. The legal basis results from Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
Zoom processes the data as a processor on servers in the EU. The level of data protection is also guaranteed in the USA through the conclusion of EU standard contractual clauses. Data is only collected by Zoom when participating in a Zoom meeting. Data collected may include:
- Registered name,
- IP address,
- User profile data,
- Content of accessed conferences, online meetings or webinars.
If Zoom meetings are recorded, this will be verbally recorded in the respective appointment before recording. You then have the option to leave the Zoom meeting before recording. I store the recordings locally on my server or in the Zoom cloud. The legal basis results from Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. A recording only takes place with your (implied) consent.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Zoom can be found here: https://zoom.us/de-de/privacy.html.
6. Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR / CCPA
To manage the cookies and similar technologies used (tracking pixels, web beacons, etc.) and related consents, I use the Consent Tool “Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR / CCPA”.
Legal bases for the processing of personal data in this context are Art. 6 (1) lit. c DSGVO and Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest is the management of the cookies and similar technologies used and the related consents.
7. Course platform ThriveCart LLC
(2) For the execution and processing of a booking ThriveCart LLC needs the following data from you:
- First and last name
- Your address
- Your e-mail address
- For entrepreneurs also company name and VAT ID number.
Which data is specifically required, can be seen from the mandatory fields depending on the product.
(3) We use the data you provide without your separate consent exclusively for the fulfillment and processing of your order(s), e.g. for the delivery of course content. In case of payment by bank transfer, ThriveCart LLC will also use your bank account or credit card data to process the payment. Any further use of your personal data for purposes of advertising, market research or for the needs-based design of further offers requires your express consent.
(4) Without the creation of a user account, ThriveCart LLC stores the data provided by you only in the context of tax and commercial law obligations.
(5) In case of a change of your personal data, you are responsible for the update yourself. You can make the changes through ThriveCart LLC. For this purpose, you will either receive a link in the purchase confirmation or you can contact email@example.com.
8. Cabin Analytics
There is a web analytics application implemented called Cabin. The analytics tool only collects a minimum of data that is purely technical in nature. No personal data is collected. That is, no unique identifier is ever stored for any of our visitors. Better yet, no relational data is stored, which means that it is impossible to triangulate a user based on their location, browser, operating system, language, etc. For more information, visit https://withcabin.com.
9. Brevo Newsletter Platform
How long will the data be retained?
What rights do you have?
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- According to Art. 15 DSGVO the right to request information about your personal data processed by me to the extent specified therein.
- Pursuant to Art. 16 DSGVO, the right to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by me without undue delay.
- Pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO the right to request the deletion of your personal data stored by me, unless the further processing is
- for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information,
- for the fulfillment of a legal obligation,
- for reasons of public interest or
- if necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- In accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as
- the accuracy of the data is disputed by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its erasure;
- I no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO.
- Pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, the right to receive your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person.
- Pursuant to Art. 77 of the GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your place of residence (domicile) for this purpose.
- According to Article 21 DSGVO, the right to object in special cases and against direct marketing.
I have public profiles on social media. If you are logged into your social media account and visit my social media presence, the operator of the social media portal can associate your visit with your user account. However, your personal data may also be collected under certain circumstances if you are not logged in or do not have an account with the respective social media provider. This happens in the form of cookies that are stored on your end device or by recording your IP address.
Social media providers thus create user profiles to identify your preferences. This can be used to show you personalized advertising inside and outside the respective social media channel. If you have an account with the respective social network, personalized advertising will be displayed to you on all end devices.
1. Legal basis
My appearances on social media are a marketing measure and are intended to ensure visibility on the Internet. This is a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. The analysis processes carried out by the social networks may be based on different legal bases, which are to be specified by the operators of the social networks.
2. Responsible parties and assertion of rights.
If you visit one of my social media sites, I am jointly responsible with the operator for the data processing operations triggered during this visit. You can generally assert your rights both with me and with the provider of the respective social media channel.
3. Storage period
The data directly collected by me via the social media presence will be deleted by me as soon as the purpose for storage ceases to apply, you request me to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage ceases to apply. Stored cookies remain on your terminal device until you delete them. Legal provisions (such as retention periods) remain unaffected.
4. My account at Instagram
I have a profile on Instagram. The Instagram service is provided to you by Meta Platforms Ireland Limited. The provider is Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.
5. My account on LinkedIn
I have a LinkedIn profile. The provider is LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Our Internet pages only use a so-called “cookie” for language switching. Cookies are small text files and do not cause any damage to your end device. They are stored either temporarily for the duration of a session (session cookies) or permanently (permanent cookies) on your end device. Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Permanent cookies remain stored on your terminal device until you delete them yourself or until they are automatically deleted by your web browser. In some cases, third-party cookies may also be stored on your terminal device when you visit our site (third-party cookies). These enable us or you to use certain services of the third-party company (e.g. cookies for processing payment services).
Cookies have various functions. Many cookies are technically necessary, as certain functions of the website would not work without them (e.g. the shopping cart function or the display of videos). Other cookies are used to evaluate user behavior or display advertising. Cookies that are necessary to carry out the electronic communication process (necessary cookies) or to provide certain functions requested by you (functional cookies, e.g. for the shopping cart function) or to optimize the website (e.g. cookies to measure the web audience) are set on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO, unless another legal basis is specified. The website operator has a legitimate interest in storing cookies for the technically error-free and optimized provision of its services. If consent to the storage of cookies has been obtained, the storage of the cookies in question is based exclusively on this consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO); consent can be revoked at any time.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser.
If you disable cookies, the functionality of this website may be limited. If cookies are used by third parties or for analysis purposes, we will inform you separately within the framework of this data protection declaration and, if necessary, ask for your consent.
Data transfer to the USA
I use tools from providers based in the USA. Personal data may be transferred to the servers of the respective companies. The USA is not a safe third country in the sense of EU data protection law. US companies are obliged to hand over personal data (also of Europeans) to security authorities.
I use appropriate and modern security measures and strong technical-organizational measures to protect your data from loss, misuse and alteration. I do everything in my power to prevent a violation of your rights or a risk to your personal data.
Please keep in mind that data transmission over the Internet is never completely secure. I cannot guarantee the security of the data you enter on my website.
Embedded content from other websites
The articles on this website may contain embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor had visited the other website.
Why do I collect data?
There are several reasons for collecting your data:
- to provide and operate my services;
- to develop, customize and improve my services;
- to respond to your feedback, inquiries and requests, and to provide assistance;
- to analyze request and usage patterns;
- for other internal, statistical and research purposes;
- to improve my data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- to investigate violations and enforce my terms and policies and to comply with applicable law, regulation or governmental request;
- to provide you with updates, news, promotional materials and other information related to my services. In the case of promotional emails, you can decide whether you want to continue receiving them. If not, simply click the unsubscribe link in those emails.
How do I deal with minors?
My offer is basically directed to adults. Individuals under the age of 16 should not and may not submit any personal information to me without the consent of their parents or guardians. If I knowingly collect, use or disclose information collected from a child, I will provide notice and obtain parental consent in accordance with applicable law. I do not condition a child’s participation in an online activity on the child providing more contact information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity. I will use the information I collect only in connection with the services the child has requested. I may also use a parent’s contact information to communicate about the child’s activities in the Services. Parents may review data I have collected from their child, prohibit me from collecting any more data from their child, and request that any data I have collected be deleted from my records. Please contact me to view, update, or delete your child’s data. For your child’s protection, I may ask you to provide proof of your identity. Please note that certain data cannot be deleted due to legal obligations.
Last updated 18.09.2023.